Translate this page
Workshop to educate baby boomers on Social Security Feb. 19
Friday, February 7th, 2014
Issue 06, Volume 18.
After being told for years that Social Security is "going broke", baby boomers are realizing that it will soon be their turn to collect. But the decisions they make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits they stand to receive over their lifetime.
Questions boomers are asking
* Will Social Security be there for me?
* How much can I expect to receive?
* When should I apply for Social Security?
* How can I maximizemy benefits?
* Will Social Security be enough to live on in retirement?
* To help baby boomers better understand the Social Security system, this workshop will cover:
* Five factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
* When it makes sense to delay benefitsâ€”and when it does not
* Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
* How to estimate your benefits
* How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
* How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
* How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income
Seating is limited and reservations are recommended. Individuals may reserve space by calling Dubots Capital Management at (951) 699-1502.
The Valley News has tightened its' policy regarding comments.
While we invite you to contribute your opinions and thoughts, we request that you refrain from using vulgar or obscene words and post only comments that directly pertain to the specific topic of the story or article.
Comments that are derogatory in nature have a high likelihood for editing or non-approval if they carry the possibility of being libelous.
The comment system is not intended as a forum for individuals or groups to air personal grievances against other individuals or groups.
Please, no advertising or trolling.
In posting a comment for consideration, users understand that their posts may be edited as necessary to meet system parameters, or the post may not be approved at all. By submitting a comment, you agree to all the rules and guidelines described here.
Most comments are approved or disregarded within one business day.
The Village NewsAnza Valley OutlookFallbrook.orgSourcebookPDF VersionCoupon CornerSign up for iNewsEarthquake Info
359 Medical marijuan...
267 Arrests now numb...
175 Authorities seek...
168 Man hit, killed ...
125 Mother-in-law ar...
122 Bikers steering ...
122 Camp Pendleton a...
121 Authorities dist...
118 22 suspected ill...
117 Double fatality ...
114 Temecula mosque ...
114 Murrieta Mayor A...
110 Governor Brown s...
107 Bonsall man (lon...
105 Preliminary hear...