Valley News -

By Jeff Pack 

Candidate filing opens Monday for Nov. 6 general election


Last updated 7/15/2018 at 2:50pm

The Riverside County Registrar of Voters announced that residents who qualify to run for public office in the Nov. 6 general election can collect candidate filing papers, starting Monday.

Papers must be filed by 5 p.m. on Aug. 10, but if an incumbent fails to file, the deadline for that office will be extended to 5 p.m. on Aug. 15 for everyone except the incumbent.

The special districts that have open seats include Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District and Lake Hemet Municipal Water District.

There are open school district seats in the Mt. San Jacinto Community College District, Hemet Unified School District, Menifee Union School District, Murrieta Valley Unified School District, Perris Elementary School District, Perris Union High School District, Romoland School District, San Jacinto Unified School District and Temecula Valley Unified School District.

If you aren’t sure if you qualify for seats in a specific district or need help completing paperwork, the Registrar of Voters staff is available to answer questions, help and even help complete the paperwork.

For more information, call (951) 486-7200 or (800) 773-8683.


Reader Comments


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019