Valley News -

Crematory blaze quickly contained by fire crews in Elsinore


Last updated 10/24/2018 at 3:05pm

LAKE ELSINORE (CNS) - A blaze erupted on Wednesday, Oct. 23 in a Lake Elsinore crematorium, causing smoke and flames to spill through an air shaft but not damaging the building.

The fire was reported shortly before 1 p.m. at Lakepointe Cremation & Burial, 571 Crane St., according to the Riverside County Fire Department. A battalion chief at the scene said a heating unit in operation at the facility apparently malfunctioned, generating more flames than usual in one of the chambers.

A high volume of smoke was produced, and it was visible from a ventilation shaft when crews reached the location, according to reports from the scene.

The blaze was confined to a small space, and the fire was declared under control by 1:15 p.m.

No structural damage was reported, and the business remained open.


Reader Comments


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 04/24/2019 19:02