Valley News -

Man accused of gunning down Perris resident arraigned

 

Last updated 10/21/2018 at 12:01pm



RIVERSIDE - A man accused of fatally shooting a 26-year-old Perris resident during a confrontation near a park pleaded not guilty on Friday, Oct. 19 to murder and other charges.

Enrique Alberto Lazaro, 29, was arrested last month following a 36-hour search that began immediately after the slaying of Arturo Angel.

Along with murder, Lazaro is charged with sentence-enhancing gun and great bodily injury allegations.

He was arraigned before Riverside County Superior Court Judge Emma Smith, who scheduled a felony settlement conference for Nov. 9 at the Riverside Hall of Justice.

Lazaro is being held on $1 million bail at the Smith Correctional Facility in Banning.

According to sheriff's Sgt. Steve Brosche, the shooting happened about 1 a.m. on Sept. 16 at the intersection of B Street and Red Maple Place, just south of Rotary Park.

The defendant allegedly confronted Angel on the street and shot him once in the upper body, Brosche said. A possible motive for the shooting was not disclosed.

Paramedics pronounced the victim dead at the scene.

Detectives quickly developed leads pointing to Lazaro as the alleged assailant and initiated a search with the help of surrounding law enforcement agencies, sheriff's officials said.

With the help of Ontario police investigators, the defendant was located and arrested without incident in the city on the afternoon of Sept. 17.

Lazaro has no documented prior felony convictions in Riverside County.

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018