Murrieta store evacuated after customers experience respiratory issues


Last updated 12/1/2018 at 7:54pm

MURRIETA - A Murrieta thrift store was evacuated and paramedics assisted at least 17 people who experienced coughing and respiratory discomfort on Saturday, Dec. 1, though no one was hospitalized, fire officials said.

The Murrieta Fire Department said over social media at about 2:35 p.m. that the reports came from Saver's Thrift store at 25125 Madison Ave.

An employee told City News Service that the store was evacuated out of precaution when a product that contained an irritant, possibly pepper spray, ruptured in the stock room, but that the store had reopened since.

"All personnel will be clearing the scene within the hour,'' the fire department said.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019