Valley News -

By Joe Naiman
Writer 

County to fence Winchester fire station, improve driveway

 

Last updated 12/27/2018 at 1:03pm



Perimeter fencing and an improved driveway will be added to Riverside County Fire Department Station 34 in Winchester.

The Riverside County Board of Supervisors voted 5-0, Dec. 4, to add the driveway and fencing to the county fire department’s Capital Improvement Project list, to approve a preliminary project budget of $440,242, to authorize the county’s Purchasing Department to execute consultant services agreements and to find the project categorically exempt from California Environmental Quality Act review.

Station 34 is located at 32655 Haddock Street in Winchester. Vandalism and break-ins resulted in a request from the county fire department to install perimeter fencing along with a new driveway. The new concrete driveway into the facility will be off Haddock Street, and motorized vehicular gates with entry and exit keypads will also be installed. Security fencing will surround the property, and concrete work will be part of the installation of the vehicular gate track.

The budgeted amount allows $250,000 for a construction contract, $58,420 for specialty consultants and other soft costs, $47,000 for architectural design, $30,000 for minor construction, $14,800 for project management and $40,022 for contingency. Riverside County Fire Department general fund money will provide 51 percent of the total cost while Structural Fire Taxes revenue will fund the other 49 percent.

Joe Naiman can be reached by email at [email protected]

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 06/18/2019 00:35